Bruce and Emma got married at Tanglewood Estate and she said that from the moment they drove up to Tanglewood they knew nowhere else could compare to it. It was beyond perfect! They fell in love with the guesthouse with its soft blue and white colour palette – it was simply gorgeous and the grounds were the ideal setting for an outdoor ceremony. When they saw the actual venue they were blown away. It was completely white from floor to ceiling with the most beautiful crystal chandeliers hanging from exposed rafters. The white colour palette was also perfect for them because it was such an elegant blank canvas to put their personal stamp on. For their colours, they chose a pastel palette of lilac and mint, which they knew would work well against the white backdrop of Tanglewood. The colours also contributed to that soft, feminine feel inspired by lace.
The wedding was 95% DIY which made every aspect of the day that much more special. Emma and her mom enjoyed the planning and creating of the wedding (and some of their friends’ weddings) so much that we they started their own business, Whispers of May!
Click here to view their Engagement Shoot.
• Venue: Tanglewood
• Catering: Vanilla Ice Catering
• Flowers, decor & stationery: Whispers of May
• Retinue Flowers/Bouquets and Hiring: Lols Flowers
• Cookie favours: Nelle Cakes
• Bride’s dress: Elizabeth Stockenström
• Hair & makeup: Alicia Buckle
• Hiring: Styled Functions
• DJ: Warren Morse at Hey Mr DJ
• Jewellery: Emma Anne Jewellery Design and Manufacture
Cell: +27 (0) 79 73 77 397